If you would like to discuss becoming a client, please contact one of Brown Rudnick’s attorneys to arrange for a meeting or telephone conference. Thank you for your interest in Brown Rudnick.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Murray Whalen Communications
Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation Announces 2012-13 Relationship Grant Recipients
Foundation awards $210,000 in grants to inner-city education programs in Boston, New York, Washington, Providence and Hartford
Boston, MA, August 9, 2012 – The Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation Corp., a non-profit, tax-exempt entity established by the law firm of Brown Rudnick LLP, announces the recipients of its 2012-13 Relationship Grants program. The Foundation awarded 11 grants totaling twohundred ten thousand ($210,000) to tax-exempt organizations in Boston, Harford, Providence, New York and Washington DC. These grants, which aim to support inner-city education programs, commence on September 1, 2012 for the upcoming academic year.
For eleven years, the Foundation has been awarding annual Relationship Grants in cities where Brown Rudnick has offices. While the grant’s financial support is the gateway to the
relationship, the Foundation is also interested in ways in which the mission and work of the funded organizations may capture the interest and energy of the Foundation Board and of the Brown Rudnick lawyers and staff.
The Foundation is pleased to award this year’s grants to:
1. REACH OUT AND READ (www.reachoutandread.org)
2. THOMPSON ISLAND OUTWARD BOUND (www.thompsonisland.org)
3. ARTS & BUSINESS COUNCIL OF GREATER BOSTON/VOLUNTEER LAWYERS FOR THE ARTS (www.artsandbusinesscouncil.org)
4. SCIENCE CLUB FOR GIRLS (www.scienceclubforgirls.org)
5. HULL LIFESAVING MUSEUM (www.lifesavingmuseum.org)
6. ALLIANCE INCLUSION PREVENTION (www.aipinc.org)
7. THE MARK TWAIN HOUSE & MUSEUM (www.marktwainhouse.org)
8. THE VILLAGE FOR FAMILIES & CHILDREN (www.villageforchildren.org)
9. THE BRONX GREAT DEBATERS (www.nycudl.org)
10. READY TO LEARN PROVIDENCE/PROVIDENCE PLAN (www.r2lp.org)
11. UNITED STATES CAPITOL HISTORICAL SOCIETY(www.uschs.org)
About Brown Rudnick LLP
Brown Rudnick is an AmLaw 200 firm with offices in the United States and Europe. With
relentless focus on the client’s objectives, the firm represents clients from around the world in high stakes litigation and business transactions. Our clients include public and private corporations, hedge funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds, multinational Fortune 100 businesses, and start-up enterprises. We also represent investors, as well as official and ad hoc creditors’ committees in today’s largest corporate restructurings, both domestically and abroad. Brown Rudnick is among the vanguard of law firms advising clients in times of unprecedented opportunity, capital convergence and cross-border uncertainty. The Brown Rudnick Center for the Public interest is an innovative model combining the Firm’s pro bono, charitable giving and community volunteer efforts. For more information, please visit